The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
A magnetic bomb detonated under a civilian car on the high way of Mohammed Al-Qassim in the New Baghdad district of the capital. The mini bus was carrying passengers from the main bus station in Nahda to Nassiryah in the south. One passenger was killed and seven others were wounded.
- Around 11 am a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol near the ministry of industry in the Nidhal street. Six people were injured including four policemen.
- Gunmen riding in a motor bike killed a policeman in Buhriz (south of Baquba) around 6:30 pm.
- Around 4 pm a roadside bomb detonated near Al-Akarim restaurant in Shurta neighborhood in downtown Falluja. Two people were wounded including a reporter.
- A car bomb detonated targeting an army patrol in Hamdaniyah in Mosul. one person was killed and 16 others were wounded including six soldiers.
- Around 4 pm a roadside bomb detonated inside a car in Rabia in Mosul. The two passengers of the car who were trying to plant the bomb to kill people were killed.