The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 a.m. a suicide bomber detonated near a crowded restaurant and two roadside bombs also exploded in a crowded shopping area in Adhamiyah neighborhood (north Baghdad). At least 28 people were killed and 68 were wounded police said. Eyewitnesses said that it was a car bomb and two roadside bombs.
- Around 2 p.m. a magnetic bomb attached to a vehicle in the Wahda district of Karrada neighborhood (east Baghdad) detonated. The blast wounded three people.
- Police found 1 dead body in the southern Baghdad neighborhood of Saidiyah neighborhood.
- A female suicide bomber targeted an American-backed Sunni paramilitary checkpoint in downtown Baquba around noon. Five people were killed, including a leader of the paramilitary known as the Sahwa, Awakening or Sons of Iraq. At least 15 others were wounded, including three women.
- Four roadside bombs detonated in Maamoun neighborhood in Mosul city targeting police houses. Four people were wounded, including two women.
- Gunmen opened fire on a policeman injuring him in the New Mosul neighborhood