The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 9:30 am a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Baladiyat neighborhood (east Baghdad). Three policemen were injured in addition to a civilian who was nearby.
- Around 10 am an adhesive bomb detonated under a civilian car belonging to an employee of the ministry of health. Four people were injured.
- Around 7 pm a roadside bomb targeted a Shiite mosque in Zafaraniyah neighborhood (southeast Baghdad). Three people were injured with the mosque’s wall damaged.
- Around 7:30 pm a roadside bomb targeted a traffic police patrol in Kasra in Adhemiyah neighborhood (north Baghdad). Six people were injured including three traffic policemen.
- Around 8 pm a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army patrol in Meda’in near the petrol station of the town (south of Baghdad). Two Iraqi soldiers were wounded.
- Police found one dead body in the New Baghdad neighborhood in Baghdad today.
- A roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army patrol in Al-Karama neighborhood (east Mosul city). Two soldiers were wounded.
- Gunmen riding in two cars opened fire on a civilian car in Al-Mas neighborhood in downtown Kirkuk, Saturday night. The driver of the car, who is an employee in the oil production company in Kirkuk, was injured.