The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Eleven members of one Iraqi family were killed in a U.S. raid in the 17 July neighborhood in west Mosul on Sunday morning. Among the dead are three women and three children, Iraqi police said. A press release issued by the U.S. military said the raid targeted a wanted man and as the troops entered the building it received small arms fire and a suicide bombed detonated, killing the women and children.
- Gunmen killed four men and injured six in a drive by shooting that targeted a funeral in Al Zinjili area in Mosul. One of the deceased was Iraqi army officer.
- Police found three bodies in Wahda neighborhood in Mosul. The three men were kidnapped yesterday.
- Gunmen attacked a police patrol in central Mosul injuring two policemen.
- Gunmen attacked Hussein Al Hamad village near Khan Bani Saad area, about 18 miles south of Baquba, killing three citizens and destroying five houses.
- Police found one dead body of a Kurd young man near a bridge one day after his kidnapping.