The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb targeted civilians near Al Kindi hospital killing two civilians and injuring 13 others at 9 a.m.
- A roadside bomb targeted civilians in Al Harthiya neighborhood, killing two civilians and injuring ten others.
- Gunmen attacked a governmental office for the Sunni endowment in Adhemiyah neighborhood, killing one guard and injuring two civilians on Monday.
- A car bomb in a parked car exploded in Al Quds neighborhood in Mosul city, killing seven civilians and injuring seven others.
- Gunmen kidnapped a mother and her two children in Abu Saida area, north east of Baquba. Police are searching the area.
- A roadside bomb killed a 9-year-old boy and injured his father and brother in Al Qadisiyah neighborhood in central Kirkuk city on Monday. Police said the bomb was targeting police vehicles but exploded when the family's car passed by it.