The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Mortars hit the International Zone(IZ) in downtown Baghdad. No casualties reported.
- Around 7 am an IED detonated near an Iraqi army check point near Mr.Milk supermarket in Mansour neighborhood (west Baghdad). One officer was injured.
- Around 8 am a bomb planted in a car detonated in Jamia’a neighborhood. Three family members were injured in that incident.
- Around 11 am a bomb left inside a mini bus detonated in Adhemiyah neighborhood(north Baghdad). Only the driver was injured in that incident.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Adel neighborhood(west Baghdad). One person was injured.
- Mortars hit Ghazaliyah neighborhood. A petrol station got fire by one of the mortar shells.
- Gunmen opened fire on an army patrol. 2 soldiers were killed and another one was wounded.
- Police found 2 dead bodies in Baghdad. 1was in Sleikh(north Baghdad) and 1 was found in Mansour(west Baghdad)