The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A mortar shell hit Adhemiyah palace where the Iraqi army is based in Baghdad neighborhoods of Adhemiyah. 3 soldiers were injured.
- Around 3 pm the deputy and consultant of the minister of culture Kamil Shiaa Abdu Allah was killed in central Baghdad by gunmen who used silencers in an ambush on the high way near the ministry of finance. Also the deputy’s driver was injured in this incident.
- Police found one dead body in Habibiyah neighborhood in eastern Baghdad.
- At dawn gunmen riding 13 cars kidnapped 8 persons in Al-Qutin (Cotton)village 11 miles south of Baquba. Later, the kidnapped people had been released after being questioned by those who kidnapped them.
- Around 9 am a roadside bomb detonated in Tahrir neighborhood in southern Baquba city. Two rubbish collectors were injured.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Mansouriya (24 miles east of Baquba). One person was killed.
- A suicide bomber detonated inside a car dealership in downtown Kirkuk. 5 people were killed and 8 others were wounded.
- Around noon gunmen killed a person in Shawish compound in Arbil city, police said.
- Gunmen opened fire on Sheikh Haider Ismail who came from Iran to visit his family in Basra on Friday. The sheikh had got three shots, but his situation is stable as he is in hospital for treatment.