The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Gunmen threw a grenade at a car carrying a television crew for Afaq, a local T.V station funded by the ruling Dawaa party, as they were about to enter their headquarters in Baghdad’s Alawi al Hilla neighborhood. A reporter, cameraman and driver were seriously injured and taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
- Around 8 pm, a suicide bomber riding a bicycle targeted one of the Sahwa leaders in Adhemiyah neighborhood(north Baghdad). Farouq Abu Omar the Sahwa leader who was the target was killed at once. Also five other people were killed and 13 others were injured including two of his sons who were guarding the father who had just finished his prayers in Abu Hanifa shrine.
- Police found 1 dead body today in Saidiyah neighborhood(south Baghdad).
- Around 6 pm, a roadside bomb detonated near Balad petrol station in Balad town(south of Tikrit). 6 people were injured.
- Gunmen killed a civilian who refused to give them his own sedan car when they stopped him in Hakimiyah neighborhood in Basra city.