The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb targeted a mini bus carrying pilgrims, who were on their way from Baghdad to Karbala, in New baghdad neighborhood. One pilgrim was killed and 9 others were injured.
- A mortar shell hit Zafaraniyah neighborhood (east Baghdad). Two people were injured.
- A roadside bomb targeted an army patrol near the Baghdad international exhibition in Harthiyah neighborhood (downtown Baghdad). 6 people were injured including 3 soldiers.
- Clashes took place between the Iraqi police and gunmen in downtown Kirkuk city this morning. One gunman was killed and three others arrested. Also five IEDs were confiscated with some munitions inside the house where the clashes happened.
- Gunmen tried to assassinate Sheikh Khamees Al-Dulaimi, the Imam of one of the mosques in Falluja. The Imam was survived who is in hospital now to be treated from his injury.
A car bomb detonated near a bus station in Balad ( south of Tikrit in Salahuddin province). 5 people were killed and 33 others were injured, a medical source from Balad hospital said.