The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 2 p.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians in Dora neighborhood south Baghdad, injuring two civilians and damaging their car.
- Around 3 p.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians in Al Sleikh neighborhood injuring six civilians.
- Around 4 p.m. a bomb attached to the civilian car of Brig. Gen. Faris Amir, the deputy of general director of traffic police, exploded in Al Baladiyat neighborhood. Amir survived the explosion.
- Police found one body throughout Baghdad in Al Ghazaliyah neighborhood.
- About 11:30 a.m. an explosion killed two men in Saraw village (about 60 miles south of Sulaimaniyah) and started a fire in one of the houses. Police said they are investigating the incident.
- A roadside bomb targeted the convoy of the commander of quick response force in Kirkuk Col. Ahmed Al Shemirani in Al Khadhraa neighborhood central Kirkuk, killing one woman was passing by and injuring one civilian and injuring Al Shemirani and one police officer.
- Iraqi army found seven dead bodies near Al Mahalabiyah village south west of Mosul. The seven civilians were kidnapped yesterday.