The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- On Monday, gunmen killed Dr. Salih Abed Hassoun, dean of college of law of Al Qadisiyah University, as he was driving his car in central Baghdad.
- Around 10 a.m. guards of ministry of labor and social affairs injured 10 civilians when the guards started shooting in the air to disband men and women gathering to receive salaries in Al Waziriyah neighborhood.
- Around 2 p.m. gunmen killed Entisar Ibrahim, Iraqi airways employee, in Al Amil neighborhood.
- Around 8 p.m. a roadside bomb targeted police vehicle near Al Andalus square central Baghdad, injuring two policemen and three civilians.
- Iraqi police found three bodies throughout Baghdad, one in Al Amin, one in Al Amil, one in Mansour.
- A roadside bomb targeted Tikrit police chief convoy in central Tikrit killing one body guard.
- Around 11 a.m. a roadside bomb exploded near the court house in central Kirkuk injuring two civilians.