The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around noon, a parked car bomb targeted Iraqi army convoy near Al Shurta tunnel west Baghdad, injuring five civilians.
- Police found three dead bodies throughout Baghdad, one in Talbiyah, one in Saidiyah, one in Dora.
- Around 8:30 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted police convoy in Al Abara village, 6 miles south of Baquba, injuring one policeman, three children and four men.
- Around 9 a.m. a roadside bomb in Abu Fayadh area village, about 8 miles south of Baquba, killed three brothers and injured their father.
- On Monday, a suicide car bomb targeted Mandeli police department in Mandeli district, about 44 miles east of Baquba, killing four civilians and injuring nine civilians and seven policemen.
- A suicide truck bomb targeted the house of tribal sheikh Abdul Razaq Mejbil Al Wagaa in Al Hut village, about 30 miles south of Mosul, killing one civilian and injuring 25 others among them the sheikh and his wife and destroyed five houses.