The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Gunmen assassinated the head of Basra operation intelligence centre , the brigadier Abdul Jabbar Mijhid . He was killed on Saturday night in his car in Nu’ayriyah of New Baghdad neighborhood (east Baghdad). He was in a holiday in Baghdad where his family lives.
- Police found 4 dead bodies in Baghdad neighborhoods : 2 in north Baghdad (Karkh bank) ; 1 in Shoala and 1 in Kadhemiyah .While 2 were found in east Baghdad (Risafa bank); 1 in Ameen and 1 in Baladiyat .
- Around 8:30 am a roadside bomb targeted the convoy of the head of the Kirkuk emergency police in Wasiti neighborhood downtown Kirkuk city. 7 people were injured in the explosion who were inside a mini bus in the area.
- Around 7:30 am a parked car bomb detonated a police patrol in Dhulwiya town (about 50 miles north of Baghdad). The patrol car ignored the police directorate instructions of being close to the car bomb. 7 policemen were killed including 3 officers and 3 others were injured.
- Mortars hit Al-Uthaim town (31 miles north of Baquba). Three family members were killed (a girl, her mother and aunt) as one mortar shell hit their house around 6 am in the morning.
- Around 9 am a female suicide bomber tried to detonate herself inside one of the Sahwas’ headquarter in Al-Wijahiyah town (15 miles east of Baquba) . A member of the Sahwas suspected her and shot at her. When exploded, another member was injured who was nearby, the commanding operation center in Diyala said.
- Around 10:15 am gunmen opened fire inside on of the farms in Khalis ( 10 miles north of Baquba). Three people were injured.