The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians near Al Andalus square in central Baghdad injuring one civilian.
- Around 9:30 a.m. bomb exploded at a municipal building in Sadr City,killing four Americans and killing six Iraqis and injuring 10, according to the U.S. command in Baghdad and Iraqi police.
- Police found the dead body of the head of the local council of Abu Desheer neighborhood south Baghdad.
- One mortar round fell on al-Kamaliyah area, eastern Baghdad, injuring two civilians.
- Three unidentified bodies were found in Baghdad by Iraqi Police today; one in Slaikh, one in Bayaa and one in Abu Disheer.
- Gunmen opened fire upon the Mayor of one of the villages in Rashad district, to the southwest of Kirkuk. The Mayor was killed instantly.
a suicide car bomb targeted al-Khazraj Police Station in a residential district in central Mosul at around 9.30 p.m. Tuesday. The explosion caused the death of two civilians including a young boy and the injury of 57 others and severe material damages to several homes. The casualties are expected to rise as there may be more victims under the rubble, Iraqi Police said.