The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- The casualties of Tuesday’s car bomb in the northwest Baghdad neighborhood of Hurriyah increased from 51 people killed to 63 people killed, police and medical sources said.
- A roadside bomb targeted a car in the central Baghdad neighborhood of Karrada. Four people were wounded, including two officers who worked with the Ministry of Interior.
- Two dead bodies were found in Baghdad today: one was found in Al-Qanat Street in east Baghdad and one was found in Saidiyah in southwest Baghdad.
- A car bomb targeted a convoy of Iraqi Army vehicles in the Rashidiyah suburb of Mosul. Four people were injured, including three soldiers and a woman.
- A car bomb detonated in Al-Karama neighborhood in Mosul. Eight people were injured in the blast, Iraqi police said. The U.S.-led coalition forces said that 14 people were injured in a statement.
- On Wednesday morning a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in downtown Kirkuk. Three policemen were injured.
- Around 10 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Al-Wasiti neighborhood in downtown Kirkuk city. One policeman was killed and another was injured.