The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 9 a.m. a man riding a motorcycle rigged with a bomb targeted a local awakening council, a U.S. backed Sunni militia, in Sleikh neighborhood killing four members of the militia and injuring two civilians.
- Around 10 a.m. a roadside bomb exploded beneath Al Ghadeer bridge. The blast targeted Iraqi national police vehicle injuring one policeman and three civilians.
- Around 4 p.m. A roadside bomb targeted civilians in Zafaraniyah neighborhood injuring one civilian.
- Around 5 p.m. gunmen attacked two employees of the prime minister's office in Al Nisour square killing one and injuring one in their car.
- Around 6 p.m. a parked mini-bus rigged with explosives ripped through a busy market in the northwest Baghdad neighborhood of Hurriyah, killing 51 and injuring 75.
- Police found three dead bodies throughout Baghdad, one in Palestine Street, one in Haifa Street and one in Atifiyah.
- Around noon a parked car bomb targeted a police checkpoint near the Diyala police headquarters in central Baquba injuring 4 policemen and 14 civilians.
- Gunmen killed Muhyee Al Deen Abdul Hameed, a newscaster at a local station called Nineveh Television, in Al Ziraa neighborhood in northern Mosul. The gunmen fled after they shot Abdul Hameed.
- Around 12:30 p.m. gunmen attacked two vehicles, a mini-bus and a truck, in the town of Aziziyah. They kidnapped 6 men from the vehicles and then set the vehicles on fire. Police headed to the scene and a roadside bomb detonated in the area of the kidnapping killing police Colonel Ali Mohammed and injuring 6 other policemen.