The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Shaab neighborhood (east Baghdad). No casualties reported.
- A roadside bomb targeted an army patrol in Shaab neighborhood (east Baghdad). No casualties reported.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Sadoun street (downtown Baghdad). Four policemen were injured.
- A roadside bomb detonated near Al-Mahmodiyah(south of Baghdad). Two people were wounded.
- Police found three dead bodies in Baghdad today: 2 were found in Karkh bank; 1 in Bayaa and 1 in Mansour .While 1 was found in Zayuna in Risafa bank.
- A roadside bomb targeted Ali AlNida's patrol in AlOja (6 miles south of Tikrit) while he was on his way to Tikrit (108 miles north of Baghdad).The tribal leader of the AlBu Nasir clan , which Saddam Hussein, the deceased president belonged to , was killed with his driver, while two of his guards were injured. Some sources in the homicide department suspect that the bomb was planted in his car near his house in AlOja .
- Gunmen opened fire on an accountant for Al-Zawra Co., one of Asia Cell's communications companies. The accountant, who was a former officer during Saddam's reign, was on his way between Biji and Tikrit. The gunmen also confiscated $60,000 which was with the accountant.