The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 7am, a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in the New Baghdad (east Baghdad).Four people were injured including 2 policemen.
- Around 10 am, a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol near the medical department intersection in Waziriyah neighborhood (north Baghdad) .Five were injured including three civilians.
- A roadside bomb targeted recruiters for police commandos at Nisoor square .Four recruiters were killed and 23 injured.
- A mortar shell hit the ministry of planning building near Jamhouriya bridge downtown Baghdad .Three people were killed and seven others injured.
- Around 1:30 pm, a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Baladiyat neighborhood. No casualties reported.
- Gunmen threw a grenade on a civilian car whose passengers were two of the ministry of defense employees in Atifiyah neighborhood. The two passengers were injured.
- Police found four dead bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad: 2 were found in Risafa bank; 1 in Atifiyah and 1 in Ameen .While 2 were found in Karkh bank; 1 in Hurriyah and 1 in Shoala.
- A suicide truck bomber targeted a combined base for Iraqi and American forces in Rashad area (west Kirkuk ).Ten Iraqi and American soldiers were killed, brigadier general Sarhan Qadir of Kirkuk police said. From their side the MNF-I said “ a suicide vehicle-borne improvised explosive device exploded near a patrol base in the Ta'Mim province, June 8, killing one Coalition force Soldier. During the attack, 18 CF Soldiers were wounded as well as two local national contractors.”