The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Four gunmen were killed while planting a roadside bomb at Al Nasr Wa Salam area (18 miles west of Baghdad).
- Gunmen opened fire on a policeman at Al Nasr Wa Salam who received a note threatening to kill him from Ansar Al Sunna, a Sunni insurgent group. He was shot twice and his situation is critical.
- Gunmen kidnapped a colonel of the former Iraqi intelligence during Saddam's regime. He was inside his car at the petrol station in Khadraa neighborhood in downtown Kirkuk city when a BMW car stopped and took him away .
- Gunmen opened fire injured a civilian in Azadi neighborhood in downtown Kirkuk city.
- A roadside bomb targeted an officer's house in Sulaiman Beck town (south of Kirkuk).No casualties reported but small damage with the house.
- A roadside bomb targeted a house for the KDP's(Kurdistan Democratic Party) member in Jalwla town (northeast of Baquba).One person was injured .
- A combined forces from the Iraqi army and police supported by American forces raided Al-Sukariya town(west of Baiji). Abu Abdu Allah Al-Saudi ,a leader of Al-Qaeda organization ,was killed with some weapons confiscated.