The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 4 p.m., four mortar shells hit the Muthana airport in downtown Baghdad, the Iraqi army and the Shiite Dawa party have headquarters there. No casualties reported.
- Around 8:30 p.m., a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Palestine street in east Baghdad. Six people were injured including 3 policemen.
- Police found 3 dead bodies in Baghdad today: 2 in Shaab in east Baghdad (Risafa bank) and 1 was found in Shoala in northwest Baghdad on the west bank of the Tigris River or Karkh.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Al-Wasity neighborhood in downtown Kirkuk city. Nine policemen were injured.
- A roadside bomb targeted a harvestor on the road between Hawija and Riadh (west of Kirkuk). Two farmers were injured.
- A roadside bomb targeted an army patrol in Al-Uthaim town about 25 miles)north of Baquba. Ten soldiers were injured.
- Police found a dead body for a boy who was kidnapped two days ago in the Yarmouk neighborhood in Baquba .
- Gunmen assassinated a city hall member and the public relations manager of PUK (Patriotic Union of Kurdistan ) in Jamhouriyah neighborhood of Tuz Khurmatu (south of Kurkuk and north east of Tikrit).The majority of this neighborhood are Kurds .