The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Gunmen on a motor bike kidnapped a 10 year old girl at Zayuna neighborhood (east Baghdad).
- A roadside bomb was defused by the Iraqi army in the Mansour neighborhood (west Baghdad) near a restaurant .No casualties or damage were reported.
- Police found two dead bodies in the following neighborhoods : 1 was found in Dora in Karkh bank (south Baghdad)and 1 was found in Ubeidi in Risafa bank(east Baghdad).
- A suicide bomber detonated himself in a crowd of policemen in Heet city(west of Ramadi) .Nine policemen were killed including a high rank officer who was in a tour in the city. Curfew was announced after the incident
- A roadside bomb exploded at the local market in downtown Baquba near a dentists’ clinic. Two people were killed, and eight others were injured.