The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 9am, police found 4 dead bodies in Ubaidi neighborhood after being informed by the American troops.
-Around noon, a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol at Diyala bridge neighborhood.6 people were injured including 2 policemen.
-Around 12:30 pm, a mortar hit the ministry of planning building. No casualties recorded.
- Police found 4 dead bodies today in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad: 3 in Karkh bank(west Baghdad); 1 in Dora,1 in Um AlMalif and 1 in Shurtta Al-Khamisa while 1 was found in Nidhal street (downtown Baghdad) in Risafa bank.
- Around noon, a roadside bomb targeted an army patrol at Nahrwan neighborhood in downtown Mosul .No casualties reported.
- Around 10am,a roadside bomb targeted a civilian car at Qara Taba town (43 miles north Baquba).Two people were killed (a father and his son)and one was wounded(the other son) who were on their way to work in an area called Mashroo’a .
- Wednesday morning, a roadside bomb targeted the colonel Fo’ad Shwani’s convoy ,the deputy of emergency police in Kirkuk .One of the security guards was injured in that incident.