The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around noon a magnetic bomb attached to the car of a member of Awakening of Adhemiyah, a U.S. sponsored Sunni militia, exploded and injured the militiaman.
- Police found three dead bodies throughout Baghdad, one in Sadr city, one in Tobchi, one in Atifiyah.
- Gunmen attacked a checkpoint of a U.S. sponsored militiaman in Hibhib north of Baquba injuring two men and a child.
- On Monday several rockets slammed into camp Ashraf, 56 miles north of Baghdad, where members of the PMOI, The People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran. A statement issued by the PMOI said the attack didn’t injure or kill anyone.
- A bomb inside a house killed one Awakening council member and injured six people. One of the injured was an Iraqi soldier, another was a civilian and four were members of the U.S. backed militia. Four other homes were set on fire, the U.S. military said in a statement.
- An Iraqi border guard was killed on Monday when Iranian soldiers shot at an Iraqi patrol north of Sulaimaniyah. Officials said the incident is under investigation.
- A parked car bomb in Tal Afar city killed 5 people and injured 45 others. Eight of the injured are in critical condition.
- A roadside bomb targeted a convoy of the Iraqi national police in Al Zahra neighborhood in Mosul injuring 11 policemen.
- Gunmen with machine guns attacked and injured one civilian in central Kirkuk.
- Around 10 a.m. A roadside bomb exploded near the entrance point of trucks south of Fallujah, the bomb injured one policeman, one citizen and damaged two trucks.