The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 10 a.m. a parked car bomb targeted the convoy of Dr. Ayad Al Samarai, a Sunni parliament member and a member of the Iraqi Islamic party, who was not in the convoy near his party's headquarter in Yarmouk neighborhood. The blast killed three civilians and injured 27 people including 7 bodyguards, Iraqi police said.
- Around 10 a.m. a female suicide bomber wearing a vest targeted and Iraq army checkpoint in Yousifiyah killing a Captain and one soldier and injuring four other soldiers.
- Around 11 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted the convoy of Abdul Kareem Al Samari, a Sunni parliament member and a member of the Iraqi Islamic party, near Al Zawra Park in central Baghdad, killing three guards and injuring 7 people including two guards.
- Six people were killed and 14 others were injured according to medical reports from hospitals in Sadr city today.
- Iraqi police found 5 unidentified dead bodies throughout Baghdad, one in Al Ameen, one in Karrada, one in Qadisiyah, one in Hurriyah, one in Dora.
- Around 6:30 p.m. a suicide bomber wearing a vest bomb targeted a funeral in Al Sadan area east of Fallujah, killing 20 and injuring 15.
- Three kids were injured in a playing ground as a bomb in a plastic bag exploded when the kids were carrying it out of the field to play soccer in Raniya area in Sulaimaniyah today. Two of the kids are brothers.
- An employee of an NGO was killed and another was injured as they were working on removing land mines south of Sulaimaniyah.