The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 7:45 a.m. a stick bomb exploded in a bus carrying employees of the Iraqi foreign ministry near Al Alawi area in central Baghdad injuring three employees, Iraqi police said.
- Around 10 a.m. a stick bomb exploded in a civilian car near Al Tayaran square in central Baghdad injuring one civilian.
- Five men were injured within the last 24 hours in Sadr city.
- Police found five unidentified dead bodies throughout Baghdad, one in Zafaraniyah, one in Mashtal, one in Dora, two in Saidiyah.
- Gunmen using explosives flattened a policeman's house in Al Yousif area in Mosul.
- Gunmen attacked an Iraqi army checkpoint killing two soldiers.