The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 p.m. two roadside bombs targeted the Iraqi traffic police headquarters in Yarmouk neighborhood, killing one traffic policeman and injuring four others.
- Around 10 p.m. Mrs. Hiro Talabani, Iraq's first lady, survived a roadside bomb explosion that targeted her convoy near the Iraqi national theater in central Baghdad, injuring 4 bodyguards.
- Around 2:45 p.m. a magnetic bomb attached to a car exploded near the Green Zone injuring one civilian.
- Imam Ali Hospital in Sadr city received 5 dead bodies, including three children, and 17 injured, including children within the last 24 hours.
- Three mortar shells hit the Green Zone.
- Gunmen killed Dr. Ayaad Jafar, the assistant of head of Baghdad University, and injured two of his sons in Al Adel neighborhood.
- Two mortar shells slammed near Al Hurriyah square in Karrada injuring two civilians.
- A rocket hit a residential area in Karrada and didn't explode.
- A roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army vehicle in central Baghdad injuring two soldiers.
- A roadside bomb targeted civilians in Zayuna injured two children and one man.
- Iraqi police found three dead bodies throughout Baghdad, one in Zayuna, one in Mansour, one in Shurta Rabia.
- A member of Al Sahwa (Awakening), a U.S. sponsored militia, was killed and another member was injured while trying to defuse a roadside bomb near one of Al Sahwa headquarters near Al Wajihiya area, 12 miles east of Baquba.
- Gunmen bombed a policeman's house near Balad city, killing two women.
- Gunmen killed Sarwa Abdul Wahab, a journalist, a lawyer and a member of the Mosul branch of the Independent Electoral Commission in Iraq. She was leaving her house with her mother in Al Bakr neighborhood in Mosul.
- Gunmen killed two civilians in two different incidents in Mosul.
- A roadside bomb targeted a civilian car in Mosul killing one civilian.
- Iraqi police said an Iranian coast guard boat killed an Iraqi fisherman near Al Fau. A local fishermen association said three fishermen were killed in the attack.