The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 11 am, gunmen driving a black sedan car opened fire randomly at the Wathiq roundabout in Karrada neighborhood .five people were injured including three traffice policemen.
- Around 11 am, a roadside bomb targeted an army patrol at Al-Suleikh intersection in Suleikh neighborhood (north Baghdad).Three soldiers were injured in that incident.Later, clashes took place between gunmen and the Iraqi army with no casualties recorded.
- Around 1pm, a suicide car bomb targeted a Sahwa (American backed militia) headquarter during a meeting with some prominent people at Al-Amal AlShaabi Street of Amiriyah neighborhood .Two people were killed and 8 others were injured including the head of the Sahwa in Amiriyah .
- Around 5 pm, gunmen attacked a shop at Al-Maamoun of Mansour neighborhood (west Baghdad) killing the owner of this shop. Later, they bombed the shop .When the Iraqi army and people came to the scene the bomb exploded. Ten people were injured including 2 soldiers.
- Around 6 pm, a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi police patrol at Palestine street neighborhood (east Baghdad). 6 people were injured including 2 policemen.
- Police found 5 dead bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad : 3 were found in west Baghdad (Karkh bank); 2 in Bayaa and 1 in Amil.While 2 were found in east Baghdad( Risafa bank); 1 in Suleikh and 1 in Waziriyah.
- In the morning, gunmen opened fire on a police patrol in Hatra (south of Mosul).Two policemen were killed in that attack.
- Around 6 pm, a suicide car bomber targeted an Iraqi army check point at Tahreer neighborhood (east Mosul).There was a traffic jam near the check point when the car exploded.Three civilians were killed and six others were injured.
- Around 6pm, a suicide truck bomber targeted an Iraqi army check point at Tal Al-Ruman (south west of Mosul).15 people were injured with some houses damaged.