The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Clashes between Iraqi and U.S. troops from one side and militia men from Mahdi Army militia last night killed at least five people and injured 19.
- Police found one dead body throughout Baghdad, in Waziriyah neighborhood.
- A parked car bomb exploded in Al Khadhraa neighborhood in central Kirkuk city, killing one civilian and injuring four others.
- Around noon, a roadside bomb targeted police vehicles Yayji town west of Kirkuk, killing one policeman and injuring two others.
- A roadside bomb exploded killing two civilians and injuring 12 others among them five women were in a bus in central Mosul.
- Clashes between Iraqi police and Mahdi Army militia men erupted last night and continued today. Iraqi police said two policemen were killed and 19 others were injured and 20 gunmen were killed.
- A roadside bomb exploded in central Baquba killed one kid and injured four others as they were playing in the street.