The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 1:45 pm, a mortar shell hit Karrada neighborhood behind the Khaima (Tent) theatre .One civilian was killed and eight others were injured.
- Around 5pm, 2 mortar shells hit the green zone (IZ) in downtown Baghdad. No casualties reported.
- Around 6 pm, a mortar shell hit the Idreesi petrol station in Qanat Street (east Baghdad). Five people were injured including two children.
- Police found 4 dead bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad:
Three were found in east Baghdad (Risafa bank); 1 in Baladiyat, 1 in Bab Al-Sheikh and 1 in Waziriyah. While 1 was found in Washash neighborhood in west Baghdad in Karkh bank.
- Around 6pm, a car bomb targeted a police patrol in Mosul city. One civilian was killed with some damage to commercial shops in the area.
- Tuesday night, gunmen opened fire on one of Al-Sistani representatives in Kut while he was on his way home after finishing prayers in the mosque downtown Kut city. The Sheikh Habib Al-Khateeb was injured and transferred to hospital.
- Around 8 am, a roadside bomb targeted the convoy of the Kirkuk agricultural department manager at AlMaz neighborhood near Azaem restaurant (downtown Kirkuk city). Two guards were injured in that incident .
- Around 5am, a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Al-Zuaya in Hit (west of Ramadi) .The American forces closed the area for about two hours and left later with no casualties reported.
- Around 1 am, the British forces opened a Hellfire missile on five gunmen who were about to attack an Iraqi army patrol with rocket propelled grenades (RPG7) on the eastern side of Hayaniyah neighborhood (west Basra) .Four gunmen were killed and the fifth one was injured.