The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians in Bab Al Sheikh area, killing one civilian and injuring 8 others.
- Gunmen attacked headquarter of Badr organization in Habibiyah area causing no casualties.
- Gunmen kidnapped six police men with their two police vehicles from their checkpoint in New Baghdad. After about 15 minutes in the same area gunmen attacked Iraqi national police checkpoint causing no casualties.
- Three mortar shells hit the Green Zone.
- Around 5:30 p.m. three mortar shells or rockets hit the Green Zone.
- Three mortar shells targeted a police station in Al Qanat area injuring two policemen.
- Around 9 p.m. a roadside bomb in square 55 in Sadr city targeted a U.S. military convoy, gunfire afterward from the soldiers injured five guards of a near by power plant, Iraqi police said. U.S. military acknowledged the roadside bomb but with no further details.
- Gunmen attacked Iraqi army checkpoint near Al Dabash bridge in Tobchi, injuring two soldiers.
- Police found 5 dead bodies throughout Baghdad, one in Palestine Street, two in Sleikh, one in Nahdha, one in Saidiyah.
- Clashes between the Iraqi security forces and militiamen of Mahdi Army continued overnight and the day long resulted in killing at least ten and injuring at least 100.
- Gunmen killed the director of forensic medicine in Mosul in front of his house.
- Gunmen kidnapped one civilian. The kidnapped is the son of the head of journalists' syndicate in Mosul.
- Three rockets hit the technical institute that the American forces using according to police.
- Gunmen attacked the house of Babil province governor in Hilla injuring 3 soldiers.