The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 9:30 a.m. Gunmen attacked a currency exchange company office in Karrada killing the owner and his son and stole 140 million Iraqi dinars.
- At 11:44 a.m. a magnetic bomb attached to Col. Midhat Ali, military intelegince, exploded in Karrada killing Midhat and injuring a colleague in the passenger seat.
- Around 1 p.m. gunmen attacked Awakening gunmen, a U.S. sponsored militia, using a hand grenade in Haifa street, injuring 3 members and one civilian.
- Members of Mahdi Army militia clashed with the Iraqi national police in the Al Shurta Al Khamisa area, Iraqi police said the clashes that lasted the day long didn’t cause any casualties, eye witnesses from the area said no one was killed.
- Police found 7 dead bodies throughout Baghdad; one in Palestine street, one in Nahar Street, Zafaraniyah, one in Sleikh, one in Karrada, one in Saidiyah and one in Baiyaa.
- Around 8:15 a.m. A female vest bomb suicide attacker detonated its vest bomb in a market area in Baladrouz, 22 miles east of Baquba, killing two civilians and one policeman and injuring eight.
- Gunmen set a phony checkpoint near Baquba and kidnapped a mini bus with its 11 passengers.
- A suicide bomber driving a truck bomb targeted an Iraqi army headquarter in Al Entisar area in Mosul, injuring 11 soldiers and injuring 3 civilians.
- A roadside bomb targeted police Col. Mazin Abdul Wahid, the director of Basra police training, in northern Basra, injuring one body guard and one civilian.
- Gunmen using machineguns killed police officer Yaseen Majeed in Manawi Pasha area in central Basra.
- Iraqi police said three policemen were killed by mistake by U.S. troops in western Kirkuk as they were heading towards Hawija, no further details were available.
- A roadside bomb targeted a vehicle of the Kurdish force called Asayish (a Kurdish militia active in Kurdistan region) in Al Uruba neighborhood in Kirkuk injuring two members of the force.