The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 10 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians in a market in Al Shaab neighborhood, killing one civilian and injuring 13 others.
- Around 10 a.m. a roadside bomb exploded in a busy intersection in Al Bunook neighborhood, killing two traffic men and one civilian.
- Around 3 p.m. a parked car bomb exploded near a checkpoint near Um Al Tubool mosque (Ibin Taimia mosque) at the entrance of the airport road, injuring three Iraqi army soldiers and injuring 4 civilians.
- Police found five dead bodies throughout Baghdad, one in Zafaraniyah, one in Sinak, one in Ur, two in Dora.
- A parked car bomb targeted civilians in Mosul, killing three and injuring 3 policemen and 39 civilians.
- A roadside bomb targeted Iraqi police vehicle in Abu Saida area (about 5 miles north of Baquba), killing three policemen and injuring three others.
- Gunmen killed an Iraqi police officer in Al Athia village west of Al Is-haqi during a raid.
- Gunmen set a phony checkpoint in Watban street (6 miles west of Samara) for more than an hour and kidnapped one policeman was in civilian clothes.
- Gunmen killed two Sahwa members (awakening council members) near Biji city north of Tikrit on Tuesday evening.
- Twelve rockets targeted Al Diwaniyah city from three different directions and caused no casualties, Iraqi police said.
- An Iranian patrol opened its machineguns fire targeting an Iraqi fishing boat in the waters of the coast of Al Faw (73 miles south of Basra). The attack caused the drowning of two fishermen and injuring another and caused their boat to sink.
- Gunmen using machineguns attacked sheikh Abdul Atheem Al Edani, a deputy of Sistani to Basra, in Al Taiaran square in central Basra, injuring him and killing his driver.