The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 7 am, a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol at Mansour neighborhood at Ameerat street near teachers training institute .One policeman was killed and one was injured.
- Around 7 am, a roadside bomb exploded at Seid Al-Haleeb intersection(near Mr.Milk grocery shop) .One civilian was injured in that incident.
- Around 9 am, a roadside bomb exploded at Hamah-Zayuna intersection near Shaab stadium in Zayuna neighborhood .Three civilians were killed in that incident.
- Around 9 am, Katyusha missile hit the green zone(IZ).No casualties reported.
- Around 11 am, one mortar shell lobbed on the green zone(IZ) .No casualties reported.
- Around 1 pm, a car bomb exploded at Uqba bin Nafia intersection in Karrada neighborhood. Three people were killed and eleven people were injured in that incident.
- Around 2 pm, a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Al-Fudhailiyah intersection (east Baghdad). No casualties reported, Iraqi police said and we have no MNFI reply to confirm the incident.
- Around 2:30 pm, a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Rashdiyah neighborhood (north Baghdad) .No casualties reported, Iraqi police said and we have no MNFI reply to confirm the incident.
- Around 5 pm, Iraqi army and police found four dead bodies buried in a garden of a deserted house in Wardiyah village of Medaen town (south of Baghdad).
- Around 6:30 pm, two mortar shells hit a soccer field at Ghadeer neighborhood of New Baghdad(east Baghdad) near Ibn Saad school .Five people were killed and 7 were injured .Those people were playing soccer when the mortars landed on the field.
- Police found (3) dead bodies in Baghdad today. (2) were found in east Baghdad in Risafa bank; 1 in Ubaidi and 1 in Jisr Diyala. While (1) was found in Bayaa in west Baghdad (Karkh bank).
- Around 6.10 pm, a female suicide bomber detonated herself targeting Imam Hussein pilgrims in Karbala (south of Baghdad) at Al-Kheimuga of Al-Mukhaim ( about 100 meters westwards of Imam Hussein shrine).40 pilgrims at least were killed and 56 others were wounded in that explosion. There were some Iranian pilgrims among the killed and wounded .Many of them were women, Husseini hospital of Karbala said.
- Around 7:30 am, a roadside bomb targeted one of the 77 company’s vehicle ( 77 is a construction company) in Arafa neighborhood in Kirkuk city.One guard (an employee of the company) was injured with a civilian who was in the area.
- Police found three dead bodies in Al-Uthayem district (south Kirkuk) today .Police also added that the three dead bodies were for three men who were kidnapped two days ago in Tuz Khurmatu (south Kirkuk).
- Sunday night, gunmen opened fire on a supporting committee check point (Sahwa council) at Al-Alam town (25 km north east Tikrit).The Captain of the check point was injured in that incident.
- In the morning, gunmen opened fire on a policeman in old Basra (downtown Basra city).He was killed at once.
- Basra morgue received today a dead body for a woman who was found in Zubair city (35 km west Basra) having some bullets on her body. Also the morgue had received three dead bodies on Sunday for an officer and two policemen who were found in Qibla neighborhood (south Basra) Sunday morning.