The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 6:30 a.m. a bomb targeted a group of construction workers in Al Wathiq square, injuring 9 people.
- Police found two dead bodies throughout Baghdad, one in Zayuna and one in Hurriyah.
- A roadside bomb targeted police vehicle in Baladruz, injuring two policemen.
- Mortar shells missed police station and hit near by homes in Al Salam town near Baquba, injuring 3 citizens.
- Police found three dead bodies throughout Diyala.
- A parked car bomb near an Iraqi army checkpoint in Al Salam neighborhood in Mosul exploded as a civilian vehicle passed by, injuring three citizens.
- Two athletes were killed and 9 others were injured due to hand grenade explosion in their bus in Al Hai town south of Kut yesterday. Police said one of the team members was playing with the grenade and it exploded.
- A parked motorcycle bomb targeted civilians in a market in Al Sweera, killing one civilian and injuring 10 others.
- Iraqi police said that a joint force supported by Awakening (A U.S. sponsored militia) killed Shakir Farman, son of the tribal sheikh of Khazraj tribe, and detained 9 men in a raid on Friday in northern areas of Sweera. Police said the troops were responding to fire and an investigation was started.
- Gunmen attacked police patrol west of Kut yesterday, killing one police man and injuring 8 others.
- Gunmen killed Hussein Awda, a civilian, in random shooting in west Kut.
- Gunmen attacked police forces in different areas in Kut injuring three policemen today.
- A mortar shell slammed into Al Hawra neighborhood in Kut today, injuring two men and one woman.