The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 9 a.m. a parked truck bomb targeted civilians near Al Jihad mosque in Al Shaab neighborhood, killing one civilian and injuring five others.
- Around 9:15 a.m. A mortar shell slammed into Al Muheet street in Al Kadhemiyah, injuring two civilians.
- Around 9:30 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians in Adan square in Al Shaab neighborhood, injuring two civilians.
- Around 2 p.m. a parked car bomb in Habibiyah area (outskirts of Sadr city) targeted civilians near Al Habibiyah hospital, killing one and injuring four.
- Around 3:30 p.m. a suicide bomber wearing a vest bomb targeted U.S. military personals on a foot patrol as they were shopping in Al Mansour neighborhood near Al Chadarchi building for computer shops, killing five Americans and injuring two and a translator, U.S. military said. Iraqi police said six soldiers were killed and two were injured and a translator and two civilians were killed and 15 were injured and 20 shops were damaged.
- Around 7 p.m. a mortar shell targeted the Green Zone, Iraqi police said. No casualties were reported. U.S. military said they had information about the incident.
- Police found three dead bodies throughout Baghdad, one in Al Ubeidi, one in Nahrawan, and one in Bayaa.
- Around 8 a.m. a female suicide bomber wearing a vest bomb killed tribal sheikh Thair Ibrahim, a leader of the local awakening council in Kanaan about 6 miles east of Baquba. Four were killed in the attack including a five years old girl and two body guards.
- Around 10:15 a.m. a suicide bomber wearing a vest bomb targeted Al Muqdadiyah police station, 22 miles east of Baquba, killing two police men and injuring two others and injuring 18 civilians.
- A roadside bomb targeted a borders' guards vehicle killing one soldier and injuring two including a captain.
- Gunmen killed one policeman in Beiji city north of Baghdad.
- Police found one dead body of Dr. Khalid Nasir, the acting manager of Al Sadr hospital in Basra. Nasir was kidnapped yesterday.
- Around 6:35 p.m. a suicide bomber driving a car bomb targeted Sulaimaniyah Palace hotel in central Sulaimaniyah, killing one guard and injuring 34 people. The bombing caused damages to the hotel and to 14 vehicles near the bombing site.