The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 3 p.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians in Al Wathiq square causing no casualties. Another bomb targeted police patrols when they responded to the bombing. Two policemen were injured and one civilian was injured.
- Police found two unidentified bodies in Baghdad, one in Saidiyah and one in Sadr City.
- Gunmen wearing Iraqi army uniforms kidnapped a civilian in Buhruz. His dead body was found today.
- Gunmen killed a civilian as he was leaving his house in Baquba.
- A roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army vehicle in Imam Wais area, killing one soldier and injuring two.
- Gunmen killed two civilians in Al Hassan village; the deceased were relatives of a leader of an awakening council.