The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 2 p.m. Gunmen stopped a car of the ministry of health and robbed 6 millions Iraqi Dinars in Al Waziriyah, Iraqi police said.
- Around 5 p.m. a speeding car through a grenade targeting an Iraqi army checkpoint in Al Sinak area, injuring two soldiers.
- Iraqi police found one body throughout Baghdad, in Jisr Diyala area.
- A suicide wearing a vest riding a bus was heading to Syria from Mosul city detonated his vest bomb as an Iraqi military checkpoint asked passengers to go down for search, killing 14 and injuring 15.
- A parked car bomb targeted a police vehicle in Al Maarith area east Mosul, killing one police officer and injuring another.
- Gunmen kidnapped 21 men from twp mini buses in Al Athaim area about 40 kilometers north of Baquba. The gunmen released three women and abducted all the men who were heading to Baghdad coming from Kirkuk, Iraqi police said.
- A roadside bomb targeted a truck carrying bricks heading towards Baghdad in Hibhib area (about 15 Kilometers north of Baquba), killing the driver and his assistant.