The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 9:30 a.m. a roadside bomb exploded near the Fine Arts academy in Waziriyah as a civilian car passed, killing one woman and injuring two people.
- Around 10 a.m. an IED targeted a house in Zafaraniyah, injuring one civilian and police defused another in the same place.
- Gunmen attacked a mini bus in Al Sinak area, killing one civilian.
- Around 5 p.m. two U.S military outposts were hit by at least eight rockets in the Al Ubeidi area near Sadr City and Al Rustamiyah, Iraqi police and the U.S. military said. Iraqi police and army responded to the location where the rockets were launched from. The troops found a truck that was used as a launcher and some unexploded rockets. As experts tried to defuse the rockets the truck exploded, killing at least 15 police officers and injuring 27 others. Four coalition soldiers were wounded in the attack, the U.S. military said in an emailed statement.
- Police found three bodies throughout Baghdad, one in Sinak, one in Ubeidi and one in Saidiyah.
- Gunmen killed police Lt. Col. Taha Ghileith as he headed to his office in Khan Bani Saad area today.
- Gunmen raided a house near Baquba and killed four members of a family: a man, his wife, their son and a female guest. The incident happened in al Sheikh Village five miles south of Baquba on Monday night. Police said the man recently joined the awakening council in the area.
- A roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army vehicle in central Tikrit, injuring four soldiers.