The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It is posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 10:30 a.m., a suicide female bomber detonated herself near one of the commercial shops for electrical appliances. She was about to target a police checkpoint, but she was forced to change her target when police began shooting at her. Eyewitnesses and the Multi-National Forces said that only two people were injured while the Iraqi police said that three people were killed and eight were injured.
- Police found three dead bodies in Baghdad today. Two were found in east Baghdad, Risafa bank. One was in Hussainiyah neighborhood and one was in Talbiyah neighborhood. The third body was found in Bayaa in west Baghdad, Karkh bank.
- Around 7:30 p.m., a car bomb exploded in the Qahira neighborhood, east Baghdad, near Ali Nua'ama market. Two people were killed and two others injured in that incident.
- Around 10:15 a.m., a car bomb which was parked at Al-Hadba'a neighborhood in Mosul targeted a police patrol. One policeman was killed and four were injured (two policemen and two civilians).
- This morning, a 17-year-old girl named Nadia Jameel was killed near her house in Al-Katoon neighborhood, west Baquba, by random shooting in the area.