The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 7:30 a.m., a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol at the Mission Complex at Karrada neighborhood (east Baghdad) .One policeman was injured.
- Around 8:30 a.m., a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at the Canal Street near New Baghdad neighborhood (east Baghdad) .No casualties reported.
- Around 8:45 a.m., a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol near the marketing of oil products headquarter at Baladiyat neighborhood (east Baghdad) .No casualties reported.
- Around noon, four mortars hit Doura neighborhood at Kafa’at district .Two people were killed and 8 injured.
- Police found the Journalist Husham Mijoud , who was kidnapped two days ago , dead at Bab Al-Sheikh ( north east Baghdad) in Risafa bank.
- Police found 3 unidentified dead bodies in Baghdad: Two were found in Risafa bank; one was found in Binouk neighborhood and one was found in Zayuna .While the third one was found in Yarmouk neighborhood in Karkh bank.
- The criminal directorate arrested Mr.Mohammad Al-Safi and five Sadrists members at Shoala neighborhood ( north west Baghdad) who are accused of kidnapping a girl and raped her, police said.
- In the early morning, the American forces found a mass grave of 13 remains of dead people (three of them were without heads) at one of the orchards in Blour village which is a part of Muqdadiya(about 55 km north east of Baquba0, police said.From his side Dr.Ahmed Foad , the director of Baquba morgue , said that those dead bodies had got torture and had been transferred to the morgue. The U.S. military said in an email that they were not involved and the reports “appeared to be false.”
- Around 9 a.m., a girl of nine years old was killed by a roadside bomb at Al-Abara area (10 km south of Baquba)
- Around noon, gunmen attacked a Kia mini bus which were carrying students passengers on the midway between Kinaan and Balad Ruz (south east Baquba).Three students (two girls and one boy) were killed and three injured (two boys and the driver).
- In the afternoon, clashes took place between police and gunmen at Sheikh Hamad at the left bank of Shurqat (south of Mosul). One policeman was killed in addition to 7 gunmen.
- Around 9 a.m., gunmen opened fire on a police patrol in Mihjran area ( 5 km south of Basra ) .One policeman was killed and two injured.
- Around 10 a.m., gunmen killed a policeman while he was riding his motor bike at Ibn Al-Jawzi area ( 2 km south of Basra) .