The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted national Iraqi police vehicle near Al Mashtal Bridge, injuring one police officer.
- Around noon, a roadside bomb targeted a bus carrying employees of the ministry of transportation, one civilian was killed and six employees were injured.
- Police found three bodies in Baghdad, one in Dora, in Saidiyah, in Baladiyat.
- Police found a woman body under Bardi Bridge north of Kirkuk after receiving a report from a citizen in the area. Police said there were no identification cards to identify the deceased and the body carried signs of two bullets.
- A suicide wearing a vest bomb blew himself up near Al Mutatawira high school in Baquba, injuring 21 among them four women teachers and 5 students.
- Gunmen attacked and injured one police officer in central Basra early morning today.
- Gunmen kidnapped two teachers were heading to their school in Al Tuz east of Tikrit.
- Gunmen killed one body guard of Salahuddin police chief and injured another in Al Shirqat town.