The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 a.m., a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in the Zayouna neighborhood (east Baghdad) killing one civilian and injuring two policemen.
- Around 12 p.m., one mortar shell hit the area beyond Saidiyah amusement park in west Baghdad. One house was damaged and two people were injured.
- Around 6 p.m., a roadside bomb targeted a U.S. patrol in the Amil neighborhood near shopping center. No casualties reported.
- Police found two unidentified bodies in two Baghdad neighborhoods. The first was found in Sadr city in east Baghdad (Risafa bank) .While the second one was found in west Baghdad (Karkh bank) .
- On Sunday, a roadside bomb targeted a civilian car at Saad camp (east of Baquba) killing two people and injuring one. - On Sunday afternoon, gunmen killed a person in Muqdadiyah (north east of Baquba ) .
- Clashes took place at Tahreer neighborhood in Baquba on Sunday between Awakening Council members and gunmen. One awakening council member was killed.
- Around noon on Sunday, a car bomb exploded at Al-Mithaq neighborhood (east Mosul) injuring two people.
- Around 12:30 p.m. Sunday, a suicide bomber wearing a bomb vest detonated himself in a feast held for one of the Awakening Council leaders, Hadi Hussein Hammed, southwest of Fallujah. The blast killed the leader, who had just been released after being held by U.S. forces. Two others were killed and five injured, three of them critically. The bomber was a teenage boy less than 14 years old.