The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- At 1 p.m., a car bomb exploded at Al-Tayaran square in Bab Al-Sharji( downtown Baghdad) killing 8 people and injuring 66 others.
- Around 5 p.m., mortars hit Al-Meshtal intersection ( east Baghdad) killing 1 person and injuring another while they were in a Kia mini bus in the area.
- Around 5.30 p.m., an American squad defused a car bomb at Jamaa neighborhood (west Baghdad) .No casualties or damages recorded.
- Police found ( 3 ) unidentified dead bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad:( 2 ) were found in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank ) in Kasra neighborhood .While ( 1 ) was found in Bayaa in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank).
The following incident took place from 3 pm till 7 pm of Today :
- Gunmen disguised with the Iraqi army uniform attacked a house of Sunni family at Sadaa village ( 5 km north of Baquba ) .They killed two men and pushed the women out of the house. When left, women found out IEDs planted in the house .Army came and defused the IEDs . Al-Qaeda was behind this crime as the two men were from the Sahwa ( Awakening Council) sending a message of not joining such councils otherwise those who join the Sahwas will have the same fate of the two men got.
- A roadside bomb exploded at Zighaniya ( 3 km north of Baquba ) killing one child and injuring another.
- A sniper shot a policeman dead at al-Mafraq in Baquba without any further information, police said.