The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Around 9 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted a bus in Al Baladiyat neighborhood, killing one and injuring nine.
- Around 9:15 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians in Karrada, injuring two civilians.
- Police found four bodies in Baghdad, one in New Baghdad, in Qahira, in Zafaraniyah and in Amil.
- Gunmen chased two mini buses near Kanan, about 25 kilometers north of Baquba, and kidnapped the passengers. Police said 22 passengers were kidnapped.
- Four roadside bombs exploded in Jalawla targeting a health care center, market area, the mayor's office and a house in the town. No casualties were reported. A fifth roadside bomb targeted a police vehicle heading to one of the bombing sites. It injured three police officers.