The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 9:30 a.m. a bomb inside a mini bus targeted civilians in Salhiyah, killing one civilian and injuring five others.
- Around 11 a.m. two roadside bombs targeted civilians in a traffic circle near Al Saidiyah, injuring six civilians.
- Police found two bodies in Baghdad, one in Sadr and one in Saidiyah.
- Gunmen set a checkpoint near Al Bu Shaheen village (about 25 kilometers north of Baquba) and kidnapped 14 passengers were traveling in a mini bus.
- A roadside bomb targeted Iraqi army vehicle west Khaniqeen, killing one soldier and injuring three others.
- Gunmen kidnapped seven truck drivers south of Kikuk near Amer Li town.
- Gunmen attacked Garmak police station (about 100 Kilometers north east of Sulaimaniyah city), killing one police officer and injuring two. Police accused Al Qaeda for the attack.