The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
Around 7.30 a.m., a roadside bomb exploded at Palestine street ( north east Baghdad ) near Al-Sa’ee restaurant a Kia van was on the street when exploded killing 1 person and injuring 5 others.
- Around 8 a.m., a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol at Al-Butil street in Zafaraniyah neighborhood injuring 6 ( two policemen and 4 people ) .
- Around 12 p.m., a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol on the high way of Mohammad Al-Qasim .No casualties reported of the American side while one person killed and 4 others injured.
- Police found ( 9 ) unidentified dead bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad: ( 2 ) were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank) ; 1 in Doura and 1 in Bayaa. While ( 7 ) were found in east Baghdad ( Risfa bank ); 2 in New Baghdad , 2 in Sadr city , 1 in Ur, 1 in Zayuna and 1 in Palestine street.
- Police found Monday noon, a dead body in Dhuluiya ( about 40 km north of Baghdad ) in Tigris river which was delivered to Balad hospital ( 45 km north of Baghdad) .
- Monday afternoon, a suicide truck bomber targeted Mosul dam bridge ( 1 km of Mosul dam ) killing one of the guards of the bridge and injuring 4 others .The bridge is fully destroyed. This bridge connects west Mosul and Syria with east Mosul and the other governorates.
- Sunday evening , gunmen assassinated the mayor of one of Jalwla neighborhoods ( Mohammad Ibrahim Hussein ) who is a member of PUK in Jalawla ( north east of Baquba.
- From 3 p.m. till 6 p.m. of Sunday , clashes took place between gunmen who attacked two villages of Khalis ( Nay and Subair villages) 4 km of Khalis and 25 km north of Baquba and the residents of those two villages who resisted the attack. The result was 17 of residents killed and 5 injured while 22 of the gunmen were killed.
- Around 8 a.m., a roadside bomb targeted the lawyer ( Muslim Lateef Al-Shaibani )in his car at Had Fareed neighborhood ( 10 km east of Baquba).
- Around 10 a.m., gunmen opened fire on people in a local market at Mafraq neighborhood in Baquba killing three men of the public committee and injuring 4 ( one man of the public committee , one child and two civilians ) .
- Around 12 p.m., mortars hit Dali Abass of Al- Mansouriah (25 km south of Baquba) killing 1 person and injuring 4 others.
- Sunday night, clashes took place among smugglers and the Iraqi coast forces near the Iranian coast at Fao .An officer was killed in that incident after having a serious injury .
- Monday morning , gunmen opened fire on people at Jubaila neighborhood in Basra city killing one person and injuring two others.