The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 5:30 a.m. an IED targeted Alcohol shop in Al Karrada near Al Tahriyat square causing damages to the shop.
- Around 5:30 a.m. two IED's targeted Alcohol shop near Al Amana bus station in Karrada causing damages to the shop. Police defused third IED in the site.
- Around 6:30 a.m. an IED placed beneath a car caused damages to the car in Al Zafaraniyah.
- Around 8 a.m. gunmen assassinated Firas Saadi Hussein, a contractor, in Al Mansour.
- Around 1 p.m. gunmen attacked Dr. Sabah Tariq, Head of the Technology University in Baghdad, on a high way near Al Qahira neighborhood, injuring him and his daughter.
- Around 1:30 p.m. a parked car bomb near the Italian embassy in Al Waziriyah killed one civilian and injured five people including two police officers.
- Police found three bodies in Baghdad, in Qahira, Doura and Amil.
- Gunmen killed a woman in Al Tahrir neighborhood in Baqouba.
- Police found four bodies in Baqouba.
- Iraqi army patrols found 16 bodies in a ditch in Al Jazeera area near Muqdadiyah, Iraqi police said.