The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 7 a.m., a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army patrol at Palestine hotel injuring one soldier.
- At 8.20 a.m., a suicide car bomber targeted headquarters of some politicians at Harthiyah neighborhood ( Salih Al-Mutlaq house and Marayem Al-Rayes’ parents’ house .The car before exploded passed a check point at Zaitoon street of Harthiyah neighborhood . When exploded , it killed two people and injured 12 others.
- Around 11 p.m., gunmen riding a sedan car and two motor bikes assassinated Dr. Ibrahim Mohammad Ajeel Al-Ashiqi , the manager of Rashad hospital for mental retardation at Baladiyat neighborhood .
- Around 5.30 p.m., gunmen riding a sedan car opened fire on an Iraqi army check point near Um Al-Tiboul mosque in Yarmouk neighborhood ( west Baghdad) injuring three soldiers of that check point .
- Police found ( 4 ) unidentified dead bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad:( 3 ) were found in west Baghdad( Karkh bank ) ; 1 in Saidiyah , 1 in Doura and ( 1 ) in Bayaa.While ( 1 ) was found in Bab Al-Mutham in east Baghdad in Risafa bank
The following incidents took place in Diyala between 4 p.m and 7 p.m.
- Gunmen riding a motor bike killed Hassan Al- Jumaili , an official man of Sahwa in front of his house at Katoon ( downtown Baquba ).
- Clashes took place between gunmen and the Iraqi army at Kinaan area ( 10 km south of Baquba) killing one women.
- A roadside targeted a police patrol at Al-Aswad village of Khalis area ( about 7 km north of Baquba) injuring three policemen.
- Around 9.30 p.m. of Monday night, a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol south of Tuz Khurmatu ( south of Kirkuk) killing four ( one officer, a colonel, and three policemen ) and injuring 4 others .
- Two dead bodies were found yesterday night in Jamhouriyah neighborhood in Basra city. Those two are Christians and they are from Kazara neighborhood , Basra morgue said.