The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 11 a.m., a roadside bomb targeted a police commandos patrol in Kindi street at Harthiyah neighborhood (downtown Baghdad) injuring one policeman and one civilian.
- Around 1 p.m., a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Binouk neighborhood ( north east Baghdad ) . No casualties reported.
- Around 6.30 , a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol at Doura neighborhood ( south Baghdad ) killing one policeman and injuring 5 others.
- Around 7.50 p.m., gunmen opened fire on an Opel sedan car ( white color ) carrying two passengers who are employees of the general inspector of the ministry of interior killing one and injuring the other at Sadoun street near Baghdad hotel ( downtown Baghdad).
- Police found ( 3 ) unidentified dead bodies in the following neighborhoods : ( 2 ) were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank ) ; 1 in Doura and 1 in Amil. While ( 1 ) was found in Shaab in east Bank ( Risafa bank)
- Around 9.15 a.m., a suicide dump track bomber targeted the centre of the commandos at the (600) area of Biji refinery (which is called Masafi neighborhood) killing 6 and injuring 16 others.
- Around 9.35 a.m., a roadside bomb targeting a civilian car at Seeha village on the way of Kirkuk –Hawija (west of Kirkuk).No casualties recorded, but some damage to the car.
- Around 9.45 a.m., gunmen disguised with Iraqi army uniform killed a resident of Karha Qazan village in his house on the way between Kirkuk and Tikrit.