The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 a.m., an expert of explosives defused a roadside bomb at Al-Ghaddeer neighborhood ( eastern Baghdad ) with no casualties or damages.
- Around 10 a.m., an expert of explosives of police defused a roadside bomb in Al-Amana bus station at Karada neighborhood .No casualties or damage recorded.
- Around 11.30 a.m., a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol near Yarmouk hospital on the way to Nisour intersection injuring two policemen .
- Around 5 p.m., a car bomb exploded at Karada neighborhood ( downtown Baghdad) near Abdul Rasool mosque killing 14 people ( including two women and a child ) injuring 33 others .
- Police found ( 4 ) unidentified dead bodies in the following neighborhood s in Baghdad: ( 2 ) were found in west Baghdad 9 Karkh bank ) ; 1 in Hurriyah and 1 in Doura. While ( 2 ) were found in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank ) ; 1 in Shaab and 1 in Doura.
- Around 9.45 a.m., a car bomb targeted a convoy the police chief of Suleimaniyah woods( brigadier general Kaka Manda Kaka Rash) at the intersection of Domiz – Tareeq Baghdad ( south Kirkuk city ) killing two persons and inuring 9 others including three of his guards .Also some commercial shops were destroyed in the incident.
- Wednesday afternoon, gunmen kidnapped a truck driver from Kirkuk in the southern part of the city leaving his truck near one of the hills .No further information of the driver or the abductors .
- Around 11.30 a.m., a car bomb exploded at Dawasa neighborhood in Mosul killing one person and injuring 7 others including one policemen.
- At noon, a car bomb explode at Khirnabat bus station in Baquba killing five men and injuring 12 others including 3 women , one child and one policeman.
- Around 11.30 a.m., a roadside bomb exploded at Al-Asriyah village in Biji (north of Tikrit) killing one civilian.
- Around noon, gunmen killed a Kurd security officer of Asayish in Tuz Khurmatu ( north east Tikrit ).